Event Volunteers & Docents
The Facilities Use Program is a main revenue stream for the California Automobile Museum. Event Volunteers are needed at each Museum and outside rental event to provide security for the car collection, answer questions and provide tours for guests. Volunteers are also needed for set-up, clean-up and necessary maintenance during events, although this is not a primary responsibility.
- Provide Security for Car Collection
Provide tours and guidance for guests
- Make sure guests do not touch or enter vehicles on display, except under special circumstances (e.g. Grand Entrance, Car designated for pictures, etc.)
- Regularly make rounds throughout the Museum to ensure guests are not unsupervised.
- Similar to providing regular docent tours, provide guests with answers to questions and/or short tours of the Museum
- Be available to direct guests to bathrooms, vehicles they may inquire about, etc.
- Friendliness and willingness to interact with people
- Knowledge of the CAM Collection and Exhibits
- Attentiveness to detail & awareness of areas needing attention
Other Pertinent Information
- Food will be provided on a case by case basis. Rental Coordinator will ask event host (after all guests have been served) if there is food available for the volunteers. If so, volunteers will be asked to eat in the kitchen or lunch room, not in the main event area.
- Professional Security will be present at all rental events. It is their responsibility to manage unruly guests, fights, etc. Volunteers should not attempt to interfere in situations like this; Security should be immediately notified.
- Occasionally, the Facilities Use Coordinator may need assistance with set-up, clean-up and/or maintenance such as:
- Set up chairs, tables & stage for events
- Help move cars on and off stage
- Assist during events with tasks such as garbage, spills, etc.
- Clean up after events in Alhambra, Ed Center, Kitchen & Bathroom